Introduction of Mucuna Pruriens Seeds
Dopa Mucuna, whose scientific name is Mucuna Pruriens, and the popular name is Velvet Beans, is a healthy plant-based protein and is valued for its medicinal properties because of its rich nutritional value. It has an impressive nutritional profile of carbohydrates, fibers, fats, and proteins along with vitamins and minerals. It also has Vitamin C and E which helps to boost the immune system.
Mucuna Pruriens seeds are used as a major source of dietary protein or as a medical product. In Ayurveda, it is used as an aphrodisiac (to increase sexual desire).
Purpose of this Post
The main purpose of this post is to try to clear all the doubts and answer all the questions related to Mucuna Pruriens Seeds, we have received lots of questions from our customers and from the market about the uses, benefits, side effects, and so on. Although we have replied to each question personally, we have also posted a detailed article on this herb in Yipisale Blog Section.
After doing all this, we realized that instead of replying to the same question multiple times, why don’t compile all questions in one post and posted it on the Yipisale blog, so that it can help the customers in their purchase. We have done lots of effort to collect valuable questions from our customers, health experts, and marketplaces, and included them in this post.
This post will help to save your time and effort, you can check the question list and get the answer without much effort.
FAQs and Facts List of Velvet Beans / Dopa Mucuna
- What are Velvet Beans or Dopa Mucuna?
- What is the English name of Kaunch Beej?
- What are the benefits of Mucuna pruriens for Females?
- What are the benefits of Mucuna pruriens for Males?
- What is velvet beans good for?
- Does velvet bean increase testosterone?
- Does Kaunch Beej cure erectile dysfunction?
- When is the best time to take Mucuna Pruriens?
- How do you take Mucuna Pruriens?
- What are the side effects of Velvet Beans?
- Why buy Mucuna Pruriens Seeds Powder from Yipisale?
FAQs Answers List
Q1 - What are Velvet Beans or Dopa Mucuna?
Velvet Beans or Dopa Mucuna are a plant-based herb that contains carbohydrates, fibers, fats, and proteins along with vitamins and minerals. The seeds are shiny black, brown, or spotted white in color and round or flattened, uniform in shape, and almost like other legumes like chickpeas, kidney beans, or soybeans.
Q2 - What is the English name of Kaunch Beej?
Kaunch beej English name is Velvet Beans, its scientific name is Mucuna Pruriens, some common names are dopamine bean, dopa mucuna, Bengal velvet bean, Florida velvet bean, Mauritius velvet bean, Yokohama velvet bean, cowage, cowitch, lacuna bean, kapikachhu, and Lyon bean.
Q3 - What are the benefits of Mucuna pruriens for Females?
Mucuna pruriens is good for women’s health, take one tsp. daily after a meal with water or milk. Here are some benefits of Mucuna pruriens for Females
- It helps to slow down the aging process.
- Treat anemia problems during periods.
- Increase stamina and energy.
- Revitalize the female reproductive system.
- Beneficial for pregnant and lactating women.
- It also helps to increase women’s fertility.
Q4 - What are the benefits of Mucuna pruriens for Males?
Mucuna pruriens is a plant-based protein diet, in Ayurveda, it is used to treat various men’s health ailments. Here are some listed:
- It works as an aphrodisiac that helps to increase sexual desire.
- It is beneficial to improve sperm count and motility.
- It is beneficial to increase stamina, strength, and vitality.
- It helps to increase sexual power.
- It is beneficial to treat premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction.
- It also improves sleep quality in men.
- It is also beneficial in male infertility.
Q5 -What are velvet beans good for?
Velvet beans have an impressive nutritional profile of carbohydrates, fibers, fats, and proteins along with vitamins and minerals, they are enriched with contains vitamins A, C, E, B6, B9, B12, iron, copper, and zinc. They help to balance all three doshas, Kapha, Pitta, and Vata and are good for immunity, strength, male infertility, and sexual desire.
Q6 - Does velvet bean increase testosterone?
The velvet bean is considered a strong aphrodisiac in ancient Ayurveda texts, it is used for improving male reproductive health by increasing testosterone levels. It has high nutritional value; they are considered a natural testosterone booster.
They help increase dopamine levels that lead to a healthy and happy life. Dopamine is a feel-good “Neurotransmitter” that is directly related to mood and feelings. Dopamine also plays an important role in growth hormone,
Q7 - Does Kaunch Beej cure erectile dysfunction?
Kaunch Beej can cure erectile dysfunction, in Ayurveda, it is used as an aphrodisiac (to increase sexual desire). They increase testosterone levels in the body and help to treat men’s sexual problems like low sperm count, strength and vitality, premature ejaculation, and sexual power.
Q8 - When is the best time to take Mucuna Pruriens?
The best time to take Mucuna Pruriens seed powder is two times a day Morning and Evening with cow milk after a meal. A 5-6 grams dose would be enough at the time, or you can consult the Ayurvedic doctor as per your body requirement.
Q9 - How do you take Mucuna Pruriens?
There are different methods of taking Mucuna Pruriens, they depend upon the person to person and the medical history. Some general recommendations are mentioned in Ayurveda for aliments. Some are listed there.
Take 6 grams of Muccna Purines seed powder (Kaunch Beej), 6 grams of Asteracantha longifolia seeds powder (Talmkhana Beej), and 12 grams of sugar candy, mix all three, and keep it in a bottle. Take 6 grams of this mixture with pure cow's milk daily in the morning and evening.
For premature ejaculation power, to increase sperm count, and physical strength.
Take 25 grams of powder each, Mucuna Pruriens Seeds (Kaunch beej), Sphaeranthus indicus/ (Gorakhmundi), Dry Ginger (Sonth), and Pueraria Tuberosa (Vidarikand). Mix all powders with 250 grams of rock sugar. Take 6 grams of this mixture with cow milk.
Some Other Methods to take Mucuna Pruriens
- Mucuna Pruriens seed powder with cow milk or you can make a decoction with water or milk.
- You can use it in a salad or can seed make curry.
- Some medical preparations are also available in the market, you can also try that.
Q10 - What are the side effects of Velvet Beans?
All Ayurveda herbs are plant-based, and they do not have any side effects, but they may react with some allopathy or homeopathy medicine. It is better to consult the doctor if you are on any medications or have unique health issues.
Overdose of Velvet Beans seed has many side effects, it may cause headaches, movement disorders, fatigue, tremors, fainting, and thirst.
Here are some general precautions before starting Velvet Beans
- Consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not take Velvet Beans without a doctor’s prescription if you are pregnant.
- Do not take Velvet Beans, if you are suffering from any kind of critical disease.
- If you are on diabetes or hypertension medication. Consult first the doctor before consuming Velvet Beans.
- If you are above 65 years old and want to start Velvet Beans, consult the doctor, and talk about your health conditions.
- If you are on any supplements, vitamins, or herbal medication, consult the doctor before taking Velvet Beans.
- Velvet Beans may interact with other medicines like blood sugar or blood pressure allopathy medicines.
Q11 - Why buy Mucuna Pruriens Seeds Powder from Yipisale?
About the Product
Buying Mucuna Pruriens Seeds powder from Yipisale is worthwhile, we have used the best quality Mucuna Pruriens Seeds, sundried, (boiled for white Mucuna Pruriens seeds powder) and ground them only on an order basis so that our customers get the fresh batch every time. We used a zip and airlock reusable pouch to avoid air contamination.
About the Shipping and Time
We are providing worldwide free shipping on all items, we used Aramex, DHL, and Bombino for shipping our overseas parcels, it helps our customers to track the parcel easily. We usually ship our all orders in 1-2 business days.
About Order Payment
For Overseas Customer - You can use PayPal, Net Banking, Stripe, Debit / Credit Card, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
For Indian Clients - You can use Net Banking, Stripe, Debit / Credit Card, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
Summary: In this post, we have tried to answer all the questions related to Velvet Beans / Dopa Mucuna Seeds, please let us know via mail or comment if you have any questions apart from them. We will try to include that in this post.
Note: This post is about educating the benefits and uses of Velvet Beans / Dopa Mucuna Seeds, consult the Ayurvedic doctor before starting.
Visit Yipisale blog post to know more benefits - Mucuna Pruriens Seeds