We have selected some easy homemade chicken recipes which you can make in a pressure cooker and serve for dinner or lunch. The pressure cooker chicken recipes and time depend upon the age of the chicken and the size of the pieces.
The timing in these recipes reflects cooking with a medium-sized piece of young chicken. For larger or older chickens, increase times by two to five minutes.
For a crispier chicken, put your chicken in the broiler for a few minutes after pressure cooking. This combination of pressure cooking, and broiling produces dishes that are moister and more flavorful than conventional cooking.
Since the cooking liquid and juices of the chicken are so flavorful, our recipes suggest their thickening or reduction after pressure cooking and serving with the chicken. The reduced sauces take about 10 minutes, if you are in hurry or on diet, you may skip the reduced sauce.
so let's check it out.
1. Chimichurri Chicken – Pressure Cooker Recipe
Serves – 6 Persons
|Chicken Piece||3 ½ lbs. (1.6 kg)|
|Salt||1 ½ tsp.|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp.|
|Chimichurri Dry Masala||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Parsley||1 tbsp|
|Onion chopped||2 medium|
Method of making Chimichurri Chicken
- Take a bowl and mix one-third of Chimichurri Dry Masala with olive oil and marinate the chicken in that mixture for 1 hour.
- Group the chicken into 3 batches and heat oil in the cooker for about 3 minutes. Fry till golden brown each batch.
- Remove the cooker from heat and sprinkle water in the cooker. Stir to remove any frying residue attached to the base.
- Return the cooker to heat, add onions, and stir fry for about 2 minutes, then add chicken, salt, and remaining Chimichurri masala and water.
- Close the cooker and bring to full on high heat, reduce heat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and allow to cool naturally.
- Open cooker and transfer the dish in the serving tray, sprinkle fresh parsley and serve with noodles or rice.
Visit Yipisale to buy - Ayurvedic Pure Herbs
Visit Yipisale to buy - Spices & Seasonings
2. Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe
Serves – 10 Persons
|Chicken Piece – skinned||3 ¼ lbs. (1.7kg)|
|Lemon juice||3 tbsp|
|Onion – chopped||1 large (6 oz.)|
|Lemon-Thyme Seasoning Salt||1 ½ tbsp|
|Chicken stock – fat removed||¾ cup|
|Fresh Parsley||1 tbsp|
|Celery – chopped||¼ cup|
Method of making Lemon Thyme Chicken
- Rub the chicken with 2 tbsp lemon juice and half tsp of Lemon thyme salt seasoning, keep aside for half-hour an.
- Put chicken, remaining lemon juice, Lemon-Salt seasoning, and all ingredients except butter, flour, and parsley in the cooker, and mix well.
- Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high heat, reduce heat and cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from heat and allow it to cool naturally.
- Open the cooker and place chicken on the serving dish.
- Strain cooking liquid, drain off fat, and reserve liquid.
- Melt butter in the cooker on medium heat, sprinkle flour and cook on low heat. Stir constantly with a wire whisk for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Still using a whisk, gradually add reserved liquid. Put the cooker on medium heat and cook stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens (approx. 3 minutes). Pour sauce over chicken, serve hot, and garnished with parsley.
3. Garlic-Pepper Chicken – Pressure Cooker Recipe
Serves – 3 Persons
|Onion||1 medium (4 oz. / 120 gm)|
|Chicken piece||3 ½ lbs. (1.6 kg)|
|Celery – cut into 1 ½ inch pieces||1 stalk|
|Garlic-Pepper Spice||1 ½ tbsp|
|Carrot – cut into 1 ½ inch||1 medium (4 oz. / 120 gm)|
|Broccoli – cut into 1 ½ inch||1 medium (4 oz. / 120 gm)|
Method of making Garlic Pepper Chicken
- Pour water into the pressure cooker and put a grid in the cooker. Place chicken on the grid, putting in the remaining ingredients among chicken pieces.
- Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from heat and allow it to cool.
- Open the cooker and remove chicken and discard vegetables.
- This chicken can be used in salads, casseroles, soups, pies, etc. Allow the chicken to cool, pull it from the bones, and shred, chop, or dice as desired.