Amla powder botanical name is Phyllanthus Emblica, and other common names are emblic myrobalan, myrobalan, Indian gooseberry, Malacca tree, amla and amalaka.
It is a juicy, citrusy fruit with full of rich nutrients and vitamins C, its color is vibrant green and round. Indian gooseberry can be eaten raw or cooked, peoples are also drinks juice, dried amla is used for hair care.
- Hygienically Packed
- FSSAI Approved
- Phyllanthus Emblica Powder
This powder is made of best quality of amla fruit in this pack, fruits are naturally sundried, and grind and it comes with 2 years expiry. It is brown in color and used as a hair pack, it is brittle in taste.
Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C which promotes immunity, it helps to reduce constipation. Take 10 gm of Amla powder a day with lukewarm water. As recommended or consult by a doctor before use. You can also make a hair pack or wash your hair with Amla powder.
1. Culinary uses: In Indian cuisine, amla is commonly used to make chutneys, pickles, and candies. It can also be used in juices and smoothies.
2. Medicinal uses: Amla has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat a range of conditions, such as respiratory infections, digestive issues, and skin problems.
3. Skincare uses: Amla is used in skincare products for its antioxidant and anti-aging properties. It can help protect the skin against free radical damage and support collagen production.
4. Haircare uses: Amla is used in haircare products for its ability to strengthen and condition hair. It may also help reduce hair loss and dandruff.
5. Industrial uses: Amla is sometimes used in industrial applications, such as in the production of dyes and inks.
Amalaki has an antipyretic, analgesic, antitussive, antiatherogenic, adaptogenic, cardioprotective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces bad cholesterol and helps stimulate insulin production. It also helpful in immunity and metabolism and fight both viral and bacterial ailments.
1. Immune system support: Amla contains high levels of vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and protect against infections.
2. Digestive health: Amla may help improve digestion, reduce constipation, and relieve gastrointestinal issues like acid reflux and ulcers.
3. Antioxidant properties: Amla is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the body against oxidative stress and lower the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
4. Anti-inflammatory effects: Amla may have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body and alleviate symptoms of conditions like arthritis and asthma.
5. Heart health: Amla may help improve heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
6. Skin and hair health: Amla may help improve the health of the skin and hair, by providing antioxidants that protect against UV damage and supporting collagen production.
1. Upset stomach: Amla may cause digestive issues, such as nausea, diarrhea, or stomach pain, especially when consumed in large amounts.
2. Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to amla, which can cause symptoms like hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
3. Interference with medication: Amla may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, and affect their effectiveness.
4. Hypoglycemia: Amla may lower blood sugar levels, which can be dangerous for individuals with diabetes or hypoglycemia.
5. Dental issues: Consuming amla in its raw form can erode tooth enamel, leading to dental sensitivity or decay.
Visit Our Blog to Know More About Phyllanthus Emblica, Amla FAQs
Visit Yipisale blog section - Ayurveda Herbs
Visit Yipisale blog section - Health & Fitness
- We offer Free Worldwide Shipping.
- We ship within 24-42 working hours of receiving clear payment.
- We ship using DHL, FedEx, USPS, UPS, and Bombino for our international shipments.
- All orders will be delivered within 8-12 days working days.
Return & Refund Policy
Please keep a note of the following conditions that must be met to obtain a refund:
- The goods should not be damaged by mishandling/dropping/throwing and any other action whether done intentionally or unintentionally.
- The original packing of goods including tags and labels should be intact.
- Refunds will be provided by way of electronic transfer of funds into the buyer's designated bank account number or by the original payment method. Cheque/Demand Drafts will not be issued.
- The logistics expense of sending back items to our office will have to be paid by the buyer in the first place and the same will be refunded along with the number of actual goods in question.
Please provide the following information while returning goods.
- Original bill sent with the goods.
- Return shipping charges with the bill.
Frequently Asked Question
Q - What are Indian gooseberries good for?
Indian gooseberry botanical name is Phyllanthus Emblica, it is a versatile herb which can be used in culinary and for medicinal purposes. It is a power house of Vitamin C and helps to treat grey hairs, diabetes, enhance digestion, treat constipation, reduce fever, purify the blood, reduce cough, promote heart health, reduce anti-aging effects.
Q - Is amla and Indian gooseberry the same?
Amla is a Hindi name of Indian Gooseberry, which is commonly used in India. It is a greenish-yellow round, shiny and juicy fruit, and rich in vitamin and minerals. It is mainly used in culinary and in Ayurveda treatments.
Q - What is Indian gooseberry called in English?
Indian Gooseberry botanical name is Phyllanthus Emblica, some other names are amla, emblic, emblic myrobalan, myrobalan, Malacca tree, Amalaki. In India, it is a religious tree, ladies do fast on Amla Navami and worship the tree with flowers and food.
Q- What are the side effects of amla?
Ayurveda herbs are plant based and they don't have any side-effects, if they are taken used prescribed manner. But some Ayurveda herbs may interact with Allopathy or Homeopathy medicine. Amla side-effects are
- Consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not take without a doctor’s prescription if you are pregnant.
- If you are on diabetes or on hypertension medication. Consult first the doctor before consuming Indian Gooseberry.
- Indian Gooseberry may interact with other allopathy medicines, consult the doctor before starting Indian Gooseberry.
- The right dosage is very important for Indian Gooseberry, over dosage may cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Q - Who should not eat amla?
Amla is a rich source of vitamin C and minerals, it boost immunity, increase metabolism and improves digestion, it is also helpful to control diabetes and high blood pressure. That why it is advisable to consult the doctor if you are on any kind of medication.
Q - What are the benefits of eating amla?
Amla is a good source of Vitamin C and have rich nutrients, it helps to control weight, increase metabolism, helps stimulate insulin production.
Q - What are the benefits of amalaki powder?
Amalaki powder, also known as amla powder, is made from the dried and powdered fruit of the Indian gooseberry plant. It is a popular ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine and is believed to offer a wide range of health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of amalaki powder:
Rich in antioxidants: Amalaki powder is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
Boosts immunity: Amalaki powder is also known to help boost the immune system, making the body better able to fight off infections and diseases.
Improves digestion: Amalaki powder can help improve digestion by stimulating the production of digestive enzymes and promoting the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
Promotes healthy skin and hair: Amalaki powder contains vitamin C, which is essential for the production of collagen and helps keep skin healthy and youthful. It is also believed to promote healthy hair growth.
Supports cardiovascular health: Amalaki powder may help support cardiovascular health by reducing inflammation and lowering cholesterol levels.
Q - What is amalaki powder?
Amalaki powder is made of dried amla fruit, in English it is called Indian Gooseberry. It is a versatile herb which is used in cooking and in Ayurveda for various health aliments.
Q - How to use amalaki powder?
The uses of amalaki powder is vary upon the purpose and requirement, here are some popular or common uses of amalaki powder.
Mix with water: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of amalaki powder with water to create a drink. You can add honey or lemon to improve the taste. Drink this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach for maximum benefit.
Add to smoothies: Amalaki powder can be added to smoothies to boost their nutritional content. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of amalaki powder with your favorite fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients for a healthy and delicious drink.
Use in cooking: Amalaki powder can also be used as a spice in cooking. It can be added to curries, chutneys, and other dishes to add flavor and nutrition. You can also make amla pickles, chutney, jam, sweet and sour amla candies.
Make a face mask: Mix amalaki powder with water or other ingredients, such as honey or yogurt, to create a face mask. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. This can help improve skin health and reduce inflammation.
Q - What is amalaki rasayana? How to make amalaki rasayana at home?
Amalaki Rasayana is an Ayurvedic recipe made with amalaki powder and honey. It is believed to be an excellent rejuvenating tonic for overall health and vitality.
Here's a simple recipe to make amalaki rasayana at home:
- 1 cup amalaki powder
- 1 cup honey
Amalaki Rasayana Recipe
- Mix the amalaki powder and honey in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Stir well until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or a cloth and leave it in a cool, dry place for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, the mixture will turn into a thick, sticky paste.
- Transfer the paste into an airtight container and store it in a cool, dry place.
To consume the amalaki rasayana, take 1-2 teaspoons of the paste twice a day, preferably on an empty stomach in the morning and before going to bed at night. You can also mix the paste in warm water or milk to make it more palatable.
Q- Where to get Indian gooseberry?
Indian gooseberry can be available or buy from supermarket or any local herbal shop, you can also buy online Indian gooseberry / amla at the lowest price on Yipisale.com.