The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice
Experience the rich and exotic flavors of South African cuisine with The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice. This unique blend captures the essence of Cape Malay cooking, a fusion of African, Indian, and Indonesian influences, renowned for its aromatic spices and bold taste.
Carefully crafted from a secret recipe passed down through generations, this authentic Cape Malay Curry Spice is a symphony of carefully selected herbs and spices. The fragrant blend includes a harmonious combination of coriander, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, and cloves, resulting in a captivating flavor profile that will transport your taste buds to the vibrant streets of Cape Town.
Versatile and easy to use, The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice adds depth and warmth to a wide range of dishes. Create delicious curries, stews, marinades, or rubs with just a sprinkle of this aromatic blend. Whether you're a seasoned chef or an adventurous home cook, this spice blend will elevate your culinary creations to new heights.
Indulge in the unique culinary heritage of South Africa with The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice. Immerse yourself in the tantalizing aromas and flavors of this exotic blend, and unlock the secrets of Cape Malay cuisine in your own kitchen.
Additional Information about South African Cape Malay Curry Spice
- Hygienically Packed
- FSSAI Approved
- South African Cape Malay Curry Spice
South African food is very bold and rich in flavor, whether it's Berbere, Harrisa, or Ras el Hanout. Cape Malay is very famous in South Africa, especially in Madagascar. Our South African Cape Malay spice has included that flavor with a balanced heat of the chili so that everyone can enjoy it. It is a medium spicy curry powder that has a deep subtle flavor of curry leaves, ginger, and fenugreek seed.
It has Clove, Ginger, Fennel seed, Black mustard seed, Coriander seed, Fenugreek seed, Black peppercorns, Cumin, Cardamom, Turmeric, Curry Leaves, and Red chili.
You can use this curry powder for chicken, pork duck, and beef. It is great for marinade and curries. The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice is a versatile spice blend that can be used in various ways to enhance your cooking. Here are a few suggestions on how to use this spice:
Traditional Cape Malay Curry: Use The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice as the key ingredient to make a flavorful Cape Malay curry. Sauté onions and garlic in oil, then add your choice of protein (such as chicken, lamb, or vegetables) and cook until browned. Sprinkle the spice blend over the ingredients and stir well to coat. Add coconut milk or broth, simmer until the flavors meld together, and serve with rice or bread.
Marinade for Grilling: Create a tantalizing marinade for meats or vegetables by combining The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice with olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, and a touch of salt. Coat your choice of protein and let it marinate for at least an hour (or overnight for richer flavors) before grilling or roasting.
Flavorful Stir-Fries: Add a burst of aromatic flavors to your stir-fries by sprinkling The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice during cooking. Heat oil in a wok or skillet, stir-fry your choice of vegetables and protein, and sprinkle the spice blend towards the end of cooking. Toss well to coat the ingredients and serve with rice or noodles.
Roasted Vegetables: Elevate the flavors of roasted vegetables by tossing them in The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice before baking. Cut your preferred vegetables into bite-sized pieces, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the spice blend, and toss to evenly coat. Roast in the oven until the vegetables are tender and golden.
Seasoning for Soups and Stews: Add depth and complexity to your soups and stews by incorporating The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice. Sprinkle the spice blend into the pot during cooking and allow the flavors to meld together. Adjust the amount according to your taste preferences.
Remember, the intensity of the spice blend can vary, so start with a small amount and adjust according to your desired level of spiciness. Enjoy exploring the diverse flavors of The Essence - South African Cape Malay Curry Spice in your culinary adventures!
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Nut-Free, Capsicum Free, MSG Free.
Visit Yipisale blog section - The Essence Easy Recipes
Visit Yipisale blog section - Ayurveda Herbs
- We offer Free Worldwide Shipping.
- We ship within 24-42 working hours of receiving clear payment.
- We ship using DHL, FedEx, USPS, UPS, and Bombino for our international shipments.
- All orders will be delivered within 8-12 days working days.
Return & Refund Policy
Please keep a note of the following conditions that must be met to obtain a refund:
- The goods should not be damaged by mishandling/dropping/throwing and any other action whether done intentionally or unintentionally.
- The original packing of goods including tags and labels should be intact.
- Refunds will be provided by way of electronic transfer of funds into the buyer's designated bank account number or by the original payment method. Cheque/Demand Drafts will not be issued.
- The logistics expense of sending back items to our office will have to be paid by the buyer in the first place and the same will be refunded along with the number of actual goods in question.
Please provide the following information while returning goods.
- Original bill sent with the goods.
- Return shipping charges with the bill.
Q - What is Cape Malay curry made of?
Cape Malay curry blend is made of some ground spices with curry leaves, it has ginger, coriander, fenugreek, red chili with curry leaves, and turmeric for bright yellow color.
Q - Where did Cape Malay curry originate?
Cape Malay has originally originated in the 17th Century, South Africa, Madagascar.
- Take ginger, garlic, onion, green peppers and chopped them finely.
- Mix the curry powder with water in a bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Heat any cooking oil in a pan for 1 minute, then add chopped items. Save some chopped items for last.
- Then add the curry paste and stir for 2 minutes, now add chopped tomatoes or you can add tomato puree.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes and add chicken thighs, drumsticks, or breast and stir for 1 minute.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then add the remaining chopped items, lime juice, and brown sugar, cook again for 10 minutes.
- Check the chicken, if they are tender then remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with fresh coriander and boiled rice.