Introduction of Indian Gooseberry Post
This post is especially meant to cover all the FAQs related to Indian Gooseberry, which has been asked multiple times. Instead of reading the whole blog post of Amla Fruit, you can take a quick look at FAQs and get the answer. We all know that in this fast-paced life people don’t have time to read the whole post or sometimes they are searching for specific questions.
That's why we realized that replying to the same question every time is not best practice, why don't we make a FAQs blog post on Phyllanthus Emblica and share it on Yipisale so that it can be available for everyone and help them in the purchase.
We have tried to include all the questions which have been asked by our clients, market experts, and health experts.
List of FAQs and Facts of Amla Fruit / Phyllanthus Emblica
- What is amla fruit called in English?
- Is Emblica the same as amla?
- What are Indian gooseberries called?
- What does Amla berry taste like?
- What is Phyllanthus emblica used for?
- What is the medicinal use of amla?
- What is amla Indian gooseberry good for?
- Is Phyllanthus emblica good for the skin?
- Can you eat amla berries?
- What happens if you eat amla every day?
- Is amla harmful for health?
- Does amla have any side effects?
- Who should not take amla?
- Why buy Indian Gooseberry Powder from Yipisale?
Visit Yipisale to buy - Ayurvedic Pure Herbs
Visit Yipisale to buy - Spices & Seasonings
List of FAQs Answers
Q1 - What is amla fruit called in English?
Amla Fruit English name is Indian Gooseberry, its scientific name is Phyllanthus Emblica, some other common names are Amla, amla berry, amloki, amalaka, emblic, emblic myrobalan, myrobalan, Malacca tree. It is a small or middle-sized deciduous tree with pale green flowers.
Q2 - Is Emblica the same as amla?
Yes, emblica and amla both are the same, Emblica is the short name of Phyllanthus Emblica. It is a very popular and useful herb; it is used as a medicine and for cooking. Amla Juices, candy, snacks are very famous.
Q3 - What are Indian gooseberries called?
Indian gooseberry’s scientific name is Phyllanthus Emblica, it is called Amla in Hindi, and it is famous for its numerous health benefits. Raw and dry amla both are extensively used in cooking and in Ayurveda.
Q4 - What does Amla berry taste like?
The Amla berry fruits are fleshy, and round with their contours indistinctly marked into 6 lobes pale green or yellowish in color. The fruit has a seed inside, it is sour, bitter, tangy, sweet, pungent, and acidic in taste. Amla fruit juice and dry amla both are used in cooking and in Ayurveda.
Q5 - What is Phyllanthus Emblica used for?
Phyllanthus Emblica or Amla has been used as a valuable ingredient of indigenous traditional medicines in India, it contains vitamins and minerals. Amla is used in Ayurveda to treat various ailments and in the culinary. Here is the list:
In Ayurveda: It is used in Ayurveda to treat aliments like hair disorders, eye and skin disorders, diabetes, obesity, heart, and respiratory disorders, and scurvy, it contains revitalizing effects that help to slow down aging and help to maintain strength in old age.
In Culinary: It is a versatile fruit, in India amla chutney, amla sweet and sour pickle, amla candy and churna are very famous. People of India also cook amla with fenugreek seeds to control diabetes and amla with green chili as a side dish. Phyllanthus Emblica or Amla juice is also very famous, many companies sell bottle-packed amla juice.
Q6 - What is the medicinal use of amla?
The medicinal uses of amla vary according to the aliments and case history, some general recommendations are listed here.
- A tbsp. each of fresh gooseberry juice and honey mixed and taken regularly every morning promotes vigor in the body. When fresh fruit is not available, dry powder can be mixed with honey.
- A tbsp. of its juice, mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice, taken daily for two months, helps to control diabetes.
- Equal quantities of each powder, amla, Indian black plum, and bitter gourd, mix them all and take 1 tbsp. of this once or twice a day is affecting diabetes and high blood sugar.
- Make a drink of Phyllanthus Emblica with lemon and misri (sugar candy) controls acute bacillary dysentery.
- Take 1 tbsp. of paste of amla leaves mixed with honey or buttermilk is suggested for treating diarrhea and dysentery
- A cup of amla juice mixed with honey can be taken twice daily, which helps to treat eye disorders.
- A tsp of the powder of dry Indian Gooseberry mixed with 2 tsp of jaggery taken twice daily for a month, helps to treat the respiratory disorder.
- Take dry amla powder and mixed with an equal quantity of sugar, is advised in a dose of 1 tsp, thrice daily with milk, helps to treat scurvy.
- Take dried Indian Gooseberry fruit and boiled in coconut oil till the solid matter is charred, this darkish oil is excellent in preventing greying of hair.
Q7 - What is amla fruit Indian gooseberry good for?
Indian gooseberry is beneficial in many ways, it is good for hair, skin, and eyes. It is also good for the heart, stomach, and immunity. Here are some benefits.
- It improves immunity and protects the body against infection.
- It strengthens the heart and nourishes the hair and different glands in the body.
- Indian gooseberry is high in vitamin C and is effective in controlling diabetes.
- Amla fruit has a revitalizing effect, which helps to slow down aging.
- It is an acrid, cooling, refreshing, and laxative, that increases the volume of urine.
- Amla juice is good for eye problems, it reduces intraocular tensions.
- Indian gooseberry is considered an effective remedy for heart disorders.
- It is high in Vitamins C, which helps to reduce fat and cholesterol.
- It is good for tuberculosis, asthma, and bronchitis.
Q8 - Is Phyllanthus emblica good for the skin?
Phyllanthus emblica is rich in vitamins and minerals, it is valued chiefly for its high vitamin C content. It has anti-aging effects which help to slow down aging and maintain strength in old age. It is also good for skin blemishes, pigmentation, and dryness, its antioxidant and soothing properties make skin lighter, wrinkle-free, and reduce fine lines. It works as a blood purifier that helps to control acne, and pimples and makes skin oil free.
Q9 - Can you eat amla berries?
Yes, amla berries or fruit can be eaten raw or cooked, you can eat amla with the least loss of vitamin C, is to eat it raw with a little salt. You can also make pickles, marmalade, and candies from fresh amla fruit, it can be also used as a vegetable.
Q10 - What happens if you eat amla every day?
You can eat Amla every day but in limited or suggested quantity, it is good for heart health, diabetes, eye, hair, and skin health. It helps to increase immunity; its vitamin C content helps to reduce cholesterol and fat. 2-3 amla should be enough for a day, if you want to increase the dose, consult the Ayurvedic doctor.
Q11 - Is amla harmful to health?
All plant herbs are not harmful if they are taken under the suggested dose, Amla is rich in vitamins, minerals, and other contents. Eating 2-3 amla a day is good for health, excessive use may cause gastric and acidic problems, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Q12 - Does amla have any side effects?
Amla doesn’t have any side effects, but you should consider the suggested dose, in some cases, it is mandatory to consult the Ayurvedic doctor before starting. Here are some:
- Consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not take without a doctor’s prescription if you are pregnant.
- If you are on diabetes or on hypertension medication. Consult first the doctor before consuming Indian Gooseberry.
- Indian Gooseberry may interact with other allopathy medicines, consult the doctor before starting Indian Gooseberry.
- The right dosage is very important for Indian Gooseberry, overdosage may cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Q13 - Who should not take amla?
Amla is a good source of vitamin C, it is beneficial for the body in many ways, but in some cases, it should be avoided to take amla. Here are some.
- If someone is suffering from a gastric or acidic problem.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If there is any surgery schedule or after surgery.
- If you are on a Vitamin C diet, it is compulsory to check the daily dose.
- If you are on a health supplement, consult the expert first.
- If you are allergic.
- If you are on any kind of medication that can interact with amla.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, dysentery, or tonsillitis.
Q14 - Why buy Indian Gooseberry Powder from Yipisale?
About the Product
Buying Indian Gooseberry powder from Yipisale is worthwhile, we have used the best quality Indian Gooseberry fruits, sundried, and ground them only on an order basis so that our customers get the fresh batch every time. We used a zip and airlock reusable pouch to avoid air contamination.
About the Shipping and Time
We are providing worldwide free shipping on all items, we used Aramex, DHL, and Bombino for shipping our overseas parcels, it helps our customers to track the parcel easily. We usually ship our all orders in 1-2 business days.
About Order Payment
For Overseas Customer - You can use PayPal, Net Banking, Stripe, Debit / Credit Card, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
For Indian Clients - You can use Net Banking, Stripe, Debit / Credit Card, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
Summary: In this post, we have tried to answer all the questions related to Indian Gooseberry / Amla Fruit, please let us know via mail or comment if you have any questions apart from them. We will try to include that in this post.
Note: This post is about educating the benefits and uses of Indian Gooseberry / Amla Fruit, consult the Ayurvedic doctor before starting.
Visit Yipisale to buy - Indian Gooseberry Fruit Powder