Essence Operculina Turpethum Root Powder, Turpeth Root, Indian Jalap, Nisoth - 7 oz. to 352 oz.
Our turpeth root powder is carefully processed to retain its natural goodness and efficacy, and it is free from any additives, fillers, or preservatives.
At Essence, we take pride in providing premium-quality Ayurvedic herbs that are sustainably sourced, ethically produced, and rigorously tested to ensure their safety and efficacy. Our turpeth root powder is no exception, and it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Additional Information about Operculina Turpethum Root
- Naturally Sundried & Hygienically Packed
- FSSAI Approved
- Comes with 24 Months Expiry
- Available in Retail & Bulk Packing
This powder is made of the best quality Operculina Turpethum Root in this pack, the root is naturally sundried, and grind and it comes with 2 years expiry. They are brown in color and have a bitter, astringent, and pungent taste, and have hot potency. The active compounds in the turpeth root powder, including turpethin, are known for their potent laxative and purgative properties, which make it an effective remedy for constipation, indigestion, and other digestive issues. Additionally, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that can help in managing various inflammatory conditions and infections.
Turpeth Root Uses
The Operculina Turpethum Root is useful in chronic constipation, dropsy, vitiated conditions of Vata. Take 5-6 gm of Operculina Turpethum Root powder a day with lukewarm water or decoction or use as recommended or consult a doctor before use.
Indian Jalap Health Benefits
Operculina Turpethum roots are beneficial in paralysis, myalgia, arthralgia, bronchitis, obesity, helminthiasis, gastropathy, ascites, inflammations, intermittent fever, leukoderma, and pruritis, ulcers, haemorrhoids, jaundice, and consumption.
Operculina Turpethum root is a powerful laxative and is used to treat constipation. The root contains compounds that help to stimulate bowel movements and relieve constipation.
The root contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful in treating inflammation-related conditions like arthritis, rheumatism, and asthma.
Operculina Turpethum root is believed to have a positive effect on digestive health. It may help to improve digestion, reduce bloating, and stimulate the secretion of digestive juices.
Operculina Turpethum root is used to improve liver function and detoxify the liver. It is believed to stimulate bile flow, which helps to remove toxins from the liver and improve liver function.
The root is also used to treat respiratory problems like coughs, colds, and bronchitis due to its expectorant properties. It helps to remove mucus from the respiratory tract and ease breathing.
Operculina Turpethum root is also used to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce skin inflammation and improve skin health.
Common Names of Operculina Turpethum
Nisoth scientific name is Operculina Turpethum and some other common names are terpeth root, Indian jalap, nishothra, pithori, trivrt, turbud.
Nisoth Side Effects
While Operculina Turpethum root has several potential health benefits, it may also have some side effects. Some common side effects of using Operculina Turpethum root include:
- Diarrhea: Operculina Turpethum root is a powerful laxative and may cause diarrhea, especially when taken in large doses. This can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
- Abdominal pain: The root may cause abdominal cramps and pain due to its laxative properties.
- Nausea and vomiting: Some people may experience nausea and vomiting when using Operculina Turpethum root.
- Dehydration: Operculina Turpethum root can cause dehydration due to its laxative properties, especially when used in large doses.
- Electrolyte imbalance: The root can cause an electrolyte imbalance due to excessive water loss caused by diarrhea.
- Hypotension: Operculina Turpethum root can cause a drop in blood pressure, leading to dizziness and lightheadedness.
It is important to note that Operculina Turpethum root should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women, as it may cause harm to the developing fetus or infant. People with intestinal blockage or chronic bowel diseases like Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis should also avoid using Operculina Turpethum root. It is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before using any natural remedies
- We offer Free Worldwide Shipping.
- We ship within 24-42 working hours of receiving clear payment.
- We ship using DHL, FedEx, USPS, UPS, and Bombino for our international shipments.
- All orders will be delivered within 8-12 days working days.
Return & Refund Policy
Please keep a note of the following conditions that must be met to obtain a refund:
- The goods should not be damaged by mishandling/dropping/throwing and any other action whether done intentionally or unintentionally.
- The original packing of goods including tags and labels should be intact.
- Refunds will be provided by way of electronic transfer of funds into the buyer's designated bank account number or by the original payment method. Cheque/Demand Drafts will not be issued.
- The logistics expense of sending back items to our office will have to be paid by the buyer in the first place and the same will be refunded along with the number of actual goods in question.
Please provide the following information while returning goods.
- Original bill sent with the goods.
- Return shipping charges with the bill.
Frequently Asked Question
Q - What is the scientific name of Operculina Turpethum Root?
Operculina Turpethum is the scientific name of Nishoth, some other common names are terpeth root, Indian jalap, nishothra, pithori, trivrt, turbud.
Q - What is the Nishoth used in Ayurveda?
Nishoth has many health benefits, it is beneficial in paralysis, myalgia, arthralgia, bronchitis, obesity, helminthiasis, gastropathy, ascites, inflammations, intermittent fever, leukoderma, and pruritic, ulcers, hemorrhoid's, jaundice, and consumption.
Q - Is Nishoth good for constipation?
Nishoth has antidiabetic, laxative, antidiarrheal, antiulcer, antinephrotoxic, antihepatotoxic, antimicrobial, cytotoxic, analgesic, anti-arthritic, and anti-inflammatory properties. The root powder is used as a purgative and to relieve chronic constipation. Its pulverized roots are used as a laxative and to alleviate any acute constipation.